The Alaska Historical Society offers two travel awards for its annual meeting in Juneau on September 21 – September 24, 2016. One award will be presented to a post-secondary student who is researching some aspect of Alaska history, the other to an emerging professional in the field. Each award consists of (1) registration for the conference and (2) reimbursement for documented travel expenses up to $750. The application deadline is May 15, 2016.
- An applicant must be a member of the Alaska Historical Society at the time of applying.
- Student applicants must be graduate students or upper-division undergraduates in fall 2016 with a course of study related to Alaska history.
- Emerging professional applicants must be employed in Alaska historical or cultural work and have been so employed for less than five years.
- Applicants are required to attend the meeting in its entirety and make a presentation at the meeting.
- Information about the meeting and the call for papers are at http://www.alaskahistoricalsociety.org/
Application process: Each applicant must submit 1) letter with a statement of eligibility and an explanation of how attending the meeting will enhance academic or professional development, 2) title and abstract of proposed presentation, and 3) CV or résumé. Applications will be judged on the applicant’s achievement in Alaska history relative to current status and the likely benefit of the meeting for the applicant.
The application deadline is May 15, 2016. Electronic submission is preferred. Applications should be submitted electronically to Professor Michael Hawfield, AHS Awards Committee at: email@example.com , or via regular mail to: AHS Awards, PO Box 100299, Anchorage, AK 99510.