Student and Emerging Professional Awards
Alaska Historical Society Annual Meeting and Conference, Communities Remembered and Imagined
Virtual, October 6-9 and 13-16, 2021
The Alaska Historical Society offers two scholarship awards to attend its annual meeting and conference. One award is for a post-secondary student who is researching an Alaska history topic, and the other is for an emerging professional in a related field. Awards consist of an honorarium and a conference registration package.
- Applicant must be a member of the Alaska Historical Society at the time of applying.
- Student applicants must be a graduate student or upper-division undergraduate in Fall 2021 with a course of study related to Alaska history.
- Emerging professional applicants must be engaged in Alaska history or cultural work and have been so employed fewer than five years.
- Applicants are required to attend the meeting in its entirety and make a presentation.
- Information about the meeting and the call for papers can be found at: https://alaskahistoricalsociety.org/
Application process: Each applicant must submit: 1) letter with a statement of eligibility and an explanation of how attending the meeting will enhance your academic or professional development, 2) title and abstract of proposed presentation, and 3) a résumé. Applicants will be judged on the applicant’s achievement in Alaska history relative to current status and the likely benefit of the meeting to the applicant.
The application deadline is May 28. Electronic submission is preferred. Applications should be submitted to email@example.com or via regular mail to: AHS Awards, P.O. Box 100299, Anchorage, AK 99510.