Time flies, and it is time to nominate individuals and groups for recognition with an Alaska Historical Society award for their commitment to Alaska history and outstanding accomplishments. Hard-working individuals and groups deserve attention and recognition! Nominations are due August 22, 2014. They can be sent to the AHS, P.O. Box 100299, Anchorage, AK 99510, or e-mailed to Michael Hawfield, Awards Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
A quick summary of our annual awards:
• The Evangeline Atwood Award recognizes an individual who has made significant long-term contributions to Alaska state or local history.
• The Elva R. Scott Local Historical Society Award recognizes a community organization for its programs, a special project, or significant recent accomplishment.
• The Historian of the Year Award is given to an Alaska resident for a book published in the past eighteen months with notable new material about Alaska history.
• The Barbara Sweetland Smith Pathfinder Award recognizes work that contributes to the description of resources relating to Alaska history.
• A Contributions to Alaska History Award recognizes notable achievements to the study, understanding, and interpretation of Alaska history.