Fairbanksans are invited to visit local museums on Museum Day, Saturday, May 23. Beat the rush of summer visitors and check out some great historical sites!
The event, which has been held annually for several years now, highlights both non-profit and for-profit museums. Prizes will be awarded for correctly answering quiz questions at different venues. All of the organizations benefit from these interactions and the local community is made more aware of what local museums can offer to both the visitor industry and local residents. Participating venues include:
- Kitty Hensley House
- Pioneer Air Museum
- Pioneer Museum
- Tanana Valley Railroad
- Wickersham House
- Alaska Mining Hall of Fame Museum (see photo at right)
- Fairbanks Community Museum
- Morris Thompson Cultural Center
- Creamers Field Farm House
- Fairbanks Children’s Museum
- Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum
- Fairbanks Ice Museum
- University of Alaska Museum of the North
Ron Inouye, president of the Tanana-Yukon Historical Society, is organizing Museum Day in Fairbanks this year. For more information, contact Eric Tidwell at: Eric_Tidwell@nps.gov.