New Deadline for Travel Scholarships – June 20, 2017
Student and Emerging Professional Awards
2017 Annual Meeting
Anchorage, September 27 – 30, 2017
The Alaska Historical Society offers two travel awards for its annual meeting in Anchorage, September 27 – 30, 2017. One award will be presented to a post-secondary student who is researching some aspect of Alaska history, and another to an emerging professional in the field. Awards consists of reimbursement for documented travel expenses up to $750 plus a conference registration package.
• An applicant must be a member of the Alaska Historical Society at the time of applying.
• Student applicants must be graduate students or upper-division undergraduates in fall 2017 with a course of study related to Alaska history.
• Emerging professional applicants must be employed in Alaska historical or cultural work and have been so employed for less than five years.
• Applicants are required to attend the meeting in its entirety and make a presentation at the meeting (proposals send to Program Committee, PO Box 100299, Anchorage, AK 99510).
• Information about the meeting and the call for papers are at http://www.alaskahistoricalsociety.org/
Application process: Each applicant must submit 1) letter with a statement of eligibility and an explanation of how attending the meeting will enhance academic or professional development, 2) title and abstract of proposed presentation, and 3) CV or résumé. Applications will be judged on the applicant’s achievement in Alaska history relative to current status and the likely benefit of the meeting for the applicant.
The application deadline is June 20. Electronic submission is preferred. Applications should be submitted electronically to Professor Michael Hawfield, AHS Awards Committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org , or via regular mail to: AHS Awards, PO Box 100299, Anchorage, AK 99510.