Register Now for the 2021 Alaska Historical Society Conference – “Communities Remembered and Imagined” – Being Held Online from October 7-9 and 14-16.
Don’t miss this chance to attend the conference from your home via Zoom.
Registration fee is $50 and includes:
- Attendance at 16 engaging sessions spread out over two weeks
- Keynote presentation by Alaska journalist and author Tom Kizzia about McCarthy during the “ghost town years” from 1938 to 1983, what it was like being haunted by a beguiling absence, and its counterbalance to the boom narrative of the frontier
- Three sessions on the 50th Anniversary of the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) with Alaska Native leaders involved in the land claims movement and historians reflecting on the events leading up to and after passage of ANCSA and the legacy of this key legislation
- A workshop on the techniques of history by Melissa Barker
- An open forum discussion on the teaching of history moderated by Ian Hartman, Professor of History at the University of Alaska Anchorage
- A meeting for representatives of local historical societies to network and brainstorm
- The Society’s annual business meeting
Click here for more information and to view the full conference schedule
Contact us with questions at email@example.com